Re: [RTTY] Spaces at end of exchange (please)

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Spaces at end of exchange (please)
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 23:07:06 -0400
I have one space at the start of mine as well.

Jerry W4UK

At 11:01 PM 9/7/2014, Hank Garretson wrote:
On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Art (K5FNQ) <k5fnq@lusfiber.net> wrote:

Thanks. I had not known that.  Is the extra space also recommended for a 1
> by 3 call?
> Art K5FNQ

Lots of hams have responded. Yes, after every call and message.

What the responders have not explained is why.

If you drop your carrier with no space, more than likely noise will print a
character appended to your call or message. The guy on the other end
doesn't know if that appended character is for real or noise. Hence, it is
always a good idea and good practice to send a space.

73,

Hank, W6SX