[RTTY] FTDI's apology

To: "rtty-contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FTDI's apology
From: Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM <wb2rhm@wb2rhm.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:19:29 -0400
Just a guess, but I suspect their lawyers must tapped them on the shoulder......

http://www.ftdichipblog.com/?p=1053

But, any Ham Radio software/hardware support people may need to prepare for: "My system that worked fine, just stopped working after the last system update :( " It doesn't matter that the drivers got pulled..... how many bits got burned. And pointing folks to 'hacks' is just as unethical as the counterfeiters. Hopefully, the 'new' drivers will somehow mitigate the problem.

73,

Ben - WB2RHM