Re: [RTTY] FTDI's apology

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FTDI's apology
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 14:30:29 -0400

I read the posting.  FTDI could still modify the device so it will
not work with FTDI drivers but would work with the appropriate
drivers as well as display an error message when one does not have
the appropriate drivers.

I *despise* vendors who use grey market chips without appropriate
drivers, *steal* drivers from other vendors, do not get their
own VID/PID and do not go through the Windows certification and
signature process.  Those who do that show not only their lack of
integrity but their lack of concern for the end user.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV