Re: [RTTY] FTDI's apology

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FTDI's apology
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 12:21:47 -0400

Hopefully, the 'new' drivers will somehow mitigate the problem.

Hopefully, the 'new' drivers will *still* remove the FTDI Vendor ID
*and* display a message that says the device is unknown.  Let the user
contact the manufacturer who used counterfeit grey market chips and
stolen drivers to save a few cents.

Genuine FTDI chips are widely available from reputable parts suppliers
- including Newark, Farnell, Mouser, DigiKey - and in OEM quantities
directly from FTDI.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV