[RTTY] IC-7100

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] IC-7100
From: Mark <k5xhrtty@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 08:47:47 -0600
Has anyone interfaced an IC-7100 to N1MM+? I'm having trouble and I think the problem is with the radio. Am I correct in saying that I need a cable that connects between the ICOM's DATA jack (a 2.5mm stereo plug) to my computer's serial port? I built a OPC-152R cable from drawings I found on the web. The radio schematic shows an internal RS232 to logic converter chip connected to the DATA jack. But a check with a scope shows no voltage present on either pin on the plug when inserted into the jack. I should see a negative voltage on the TX part of the jack but there is nothing. Before I contact ICOM support I would like to know if I'm doing this right.
Thanks,
K5XH