[RTTY] ic-7100

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] ic-7100
From: Mark <k5xhrtty@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 10:45:26 -0600
I'm getting more confused. My main radio is a Flex 5000 and I have successfully connected it to N1MM so I'm not a total neophyte at this but I'm still not sure how to proceed. I was wanting to add the 7100 as a second radio in order to try some SO2R.

I never tried connecting the USB cable as I thought there was no way to interface USB to N1MM directly. But a friend of mine suggested that maybe once I do connect via USB that a new COM port will appear and then I can interface with N1MM. I'm going to try that this afternoon.

My intent was to use FSK and I have already tested that part of the connection. It is the CAT functions I can't figure out.

Jim's post really has me confused. Jim, if you have time, could you please contact me off list and tell me how you have your radios set up? I guess I don't understand about the internal sound card. I knew the radio can decode RTTY directly but how does 2Tone process the audio if the soundcard is inside the radio?

Thanks,
Mark K5XH