Re: [RTTY] Question about NAQP rules

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Question about NAQP rules
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:06:01 -0800
Bill - I have wondered this same thing my self.

I have a couple of amps and one of them is an old SB-200 which now on a good day will put out about 350 watts. What is the difference between throttling this amp back to 100 watts or someone using a transceiver that runs 200 or 400 watts.

If an amp is illegal, a radio that runs 400 or 200 watts should be illegal. Like Mike said, 'Cheaters will cheat.' 73
Tom W7WHY