Re: [RTTY] Question about NAQP rules

To: "'Tom Osborne'" <w7why@frontier.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Question about NAQP rules
From: "wo4o - RiC" <wo4o.radio@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:34:31 -0500
Hey, Tom:

Understood.  Prior to my previous email I had not revisited the rules to
read the exact wording in the correct context.  The email to which I respond
excluded part of the wording.  Now, having re-read the entire rule, I see
the light (which is less than a 100 W bulb).

"6. Output Power: No greater than 100 W. Use of external amplifiers capable
of more than 100 W output is not allowed. QRP (5 W) entries will be
recognized in the results. Entries from stations choosing to use more than
100 W will be classified as check logs."

In every NAQP I've always operated transceivers with outputs "no greater
than 100 W" and my "external amplifiers capable of more than 100 W output"
remain OFF.

Therefore, an "Output Power: No greater than 100 W" is the essence of the
rule.

Thanks for all the Qs!

73, de ric, wo4o