Re: [RTTY] Question about NAQP rules

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Question about NAQP rules
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:11:04 -0800
Hi Ric

I would say that they not cheating if using a high power rig at 100 watts. Same way for amps - they are not cheating if they have one and throttle it back. If someone wants to game the system, they will do it regardless.

I don't understand the rule. What is the purpose of it? Why not just say '100 watts maximum power' and leave it at that. I would love to be able to turn my TS-450's down to about 15 or 20 watts and drive the amp to 100 and let things loaf along.

How about a KX3 and KPA100?  Is that legal?

The 100 watt limit is the best thing happening in contesting!! Wish they were all that way :-) 73

Tom W7WHY