Re: [RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results
From: Tom Homewood <w1to@roadrunner.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 11:26:10 -0400

On 4/9/2015 6:15 PM, Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM wrote:
Rick,

With all due respect to the programmers of N1MM+, this has been a monumental and wonderful effort by a dedicated team, but it still is a work in progress.

With regard to the status of N1MM+ time handling, and the BARTG contest programming in particular, this year:

1) What happened to the value saved for TIME2, if the user 'corrected' any partial/incomplete/incorrect call already entered in the entry field, using the keyboard to either add extra characters, delete extra characters, or retype the call entirely, anytime during the QSO, before the TU or TU AND NOW exchange?

OR

2) What happened to the original TIME2 value, if the user 'fixed' a current but incorrect callsign, already showing inside the Entry window, by double-clicking on the 'correct' call being displayed in any DI window at anytime during the QSO before the TU or TU AND NOW exchange?

Was the 'stored'/Reported' Time2 value still the 'original' one, or did it get 'updated' due to 'retyping', or 'double-clicking' during the middle of the QSO?. What time showed in the 'log page' or the Cabrillo report? Were they the same value?

With regard to 1 and 2, to the best of my recollection the time value in the log window was cleared and had to be reentered. In that case I think the Time2 value was reset. Sorry I didn't keep detailed notes but this was enough of a issue to cause me to remember it. This would seem to allow a condition where the time could be off by a minute from that originally sent.

Thanks again to Rick, Tom and crew for their efforts.

73 Tom W1TO