Re: [RTTY] To all RTTY group members

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] To all RTTY group members
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 19:03:54 -0700

On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 21:17:02 -0400, you wrote:

>The flip side of this is if you want to send out a legit link, put some
>other text in the email that is so specific or personally anecdotal that
>people will know it's from you and not from a malicious robot.  That's  what I
>do when I send links to my friends and family.  The subject line  should
>follow the same rule.
>
>73,
>Ken, AB1J

REPLY:

When you are posting to a group, how do you include something personal
so the recipient will know it's you?

 I think the safest thing is for the sender to post enough information
about the issue that people can Google for it. As far as I know,
Google is pretty careful about malicious links.

I personally never trust a link that comes in an email unless I have
requested it in advance.

73, Bill W6WRT