Re: [RTTY] To all RTTY group members

To: dezrat@outlook.com, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] To all RTTY group members
From: "Kermit \(aka Ken\) via RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 08:25:53 -0400
In his reply to my email about how to  send an unsolicited link in an email
to a group, Bill,  W6WRT, wrote:

In message dated 8/4/2015 02:04:20 GMT Standard Time, dezrat@outlook.com
writes:

REPLY:

When you are posting to a group, how do you  include something personal
so the recipient will know it's you?

I  think the safest thing is for the sender to post enough information
about  the issue that people can Google for it. As far as I know,
Google is pretty  careful about malicious links.

I personally never trust a link that  comes in an email unless I have
requested it in advance.

73, Bill  W6WRT

OK, Bill, I accept your challenge.  Here is  an email with a link similar
to an email I sent to some friends last  week.  Are you telling me you
wouldn't accept this as genuine?  Do you  think a scheming, scamming evil email
robot wrote this?

------Start of email  -------------------------

The subject line was: Donder &  Blitzen

Hi,

Here is a web site that  shows live lightning strikes.  I got it from the
latest ARRL  propagation bulletin:

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=30

Turn on Strikes and Sounds.  Detectors Used  is interesting, too.

I wish I'd had it a couple weeks back when I was  on an NAQP-RTTY team so I
could follow the weather of my fellow team members in  NC and AL, as there
were some storms down south and here in New  England.

73,
Ken, AB1J