Re: [RTTY] Decoder performance on crowded bands

To: <rtty@contesting.com>, "Pete Smith N4ZR" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Decoder performance on crowded bands
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 00:32:33 -0500
Pete,

Sorry for the confusion.  Let me expand a bit...

I don’t' have much battle-experience running assisted; just the one time WPX 2014 run. I ran my local skimmer server setup here fed by my antenna and that was the sole source of spots. What I'm saying about S&P problems that other guys are saying is that I remembered not having that problem at all.

There is always a lot of chatter on the board about this specific problem after every contest. And my experience was that clicking on the spots generated by the (Alex's) RTTY Skimmer Server put me on a guy who was calling CQ. I don't have any experience with the other incremental QSY-type skimmer solution, or any of the filtering stuff.

All I really can say is that in my limited use of Alex's RTTY skimmer on the QS1R the results were great. And that you need a i7-4790 or better if you want to sniff the full extents of a few bands at once without throttling

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Pete Smith N4ZR