Re: [RTTY] My FT-950's RTTY power level admonition

To: "'Jim W7RY'" <w7ry@centurytel.net>, "'Michael Rapp'" <mdrapp@gmail.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] My FT-950's RTTY power level admonition
From: "John Barber" <john@bordertech.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:04:22 -0000
Michael,

You would probably be OK running the 100W when S&P as that's low duty cycle.
When running it depends on your rate. If you are busy it's not so bad on the
radio, but things get hot when you are sending CQ continuously with only
short intervals. I would stick to 60-70W all the time to be safe.

6 seconds between CQs is a long time. 2.5 to 3 seconds is plenty. In a big
contest you could lose your run frequency in 6 seconds !!!!!!!!!!

John GW4SKA