Re: [RTTY] (fwd) ARLB007 FCC Invites Comments on ARRL Petition That Seek

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] (fwd) ARLB007 FCC Invites Comments on ARRL Petition That Seeks 80/75 Meter Adjustments
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 15:44:25 -0500

> I finally looked at this.  I would support this if it did not include
> digital privileges for Technicians (and the 27 remaining Novices).

It seems rather petty and counterproductive to deny any license class
access to any mode authorized to other license classes in the same
spectrum.

That said, I would certainly limit Novices and Technicians to modes
less than 500 Hz wide and prohibit them automatic or semi-automatic
control based on the same thought process that prevents Novice and
Technician licensees from being Trustee of a Repeater.  There is
certainly the expectation that anyone engaging in automatic control
have a higher level of knowledge and experience than that required
of an "entry level" licensee.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV