Re: [RTTY] Pondering an issue

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Pondering an issue
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 22:47:30 -0700

On Tue, 10 May 2016 19:58:39 -0700, Ed wrote:

>1.  Cost is irrelevant in choice of logger.  Think about it.  Even
>Writelog's $30/year fee or Win-Test's 30 Euro fee every few years is exactly
>equivalent to N1MM's "freeness".  Logger cost is insignificant compared to
>all the other costs of this hobby.  It should not be a factor in choice of
>logger.

REPLY:

If WriteLog were $30 better than N1MM Logger+ I would use it and
gladly pay for it.

I have both, including the latest WriteLog which I purchased just to
check it out, and found nothing in it to justify the cost.

N1MM Logger does everything I need. I don't do SO2R so WriteLog may
have an advantage there I'm not aware of, but for SO1R N1MM does it
all for free.

73, Bill W6WRT