Re: [RTTY] Pondering an issue

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Pondering an issue
From: " pcooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 09:37:45 -0700
Hi again all,

Many thanks to the dozens of you that replied directly to me with your own
thoughts on the matter.

There were some very useful and helpful suggestions in there.

The main one that may be of use to others is that - assuming you use the same
ports as in Writelog, then you can use the same profile for both WL and N1MM+
within the MicroHam Router.

The upshot is that I will renew my WL subscription, but will also download and
try N1MM+.
I am not sure when I will try N1MM+ in anger in a contest, but I will install
it and try it out over the next few weeks.

All this has been on the back-burner for the past few weeks as I am doing some
major landscaping in the garden after a recent storm took down a section of
fencing and trellis. Surprisingly, the antennas all survived this one, despite
sudden gusts of over 70MPH.
Replacing that was a weekends' work, but the subsequent tidying up is taking
much longer to achieve.
I had a large Wisteria trailing through the trellis, and although it had to be
cut back hard, it has actually survived and is in flower right now.
Also, during the SP contest, I had no email access, as my ISP had a major
server failure, and the shack PC decided to shut down, and would not restart.
Thankfully, it turned out to be a failed cooling fan, and was fairly easily
sorted, although it did have me worried for a while.

Thanks again to all who responded. There are too many to reply individually,
but all comments and thoughts have been taken on board.

Very best 73

Phil GU0SUP