Re: [RTTY] Rigblaster Pro RTTY Question

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Rigblaster Pro RTTY Question
From: Rich <rwnewbould@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 08:12:20 -0400
The more I think about it, you are correct it should work the way you have it setup.

"I used with the old PC and true serial cables for years.
I never used the Mic connector".

This quote caught my attention, are you now using USB to serial converters
instead of true com ports?
If either is true then you must make sure whatever software you are using to
emulate FSK on the USB/232 converters needs to be set so that CTS,RTS, and DTR
need to be providing the correct function.

Is your new PC Win8 or Win10?

If so you must have the newest USB to serial converters the old chipset will
not work on Win8 or 10.

This link will help to determine your USB serial adapter chipset.

http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41

When I got my WIn8 PC all of my USB serial converters needed to be replaced.

Rich