Re: [RTTY] N1MM Exch Message when using ESM?

To: <RLVZ@aol.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] N1MM Exch Message when using ESM?
From: "Larry Gauthier \(K8UT\)" <K8UT@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 06:23:19 -0400
Dick,

I have not experienced the problem you described, but it sounds as if it is related to N1MM's cycle though the three stages of an S&P ESM QSO. Watch the highlighted Function Key buttons to make sure the Entry Window has advanced to the next stage:

Stage #1. F4 CALL HIM - Enter sends the MyCallKey message when the callsign field is empty or contains a legitimate callsign

Stage #2 F8 AGAIN? - Enter sends the AgainKey message when the exchange field(s) does not contain a valid contest exchange. (NOTE: This stage is bypassed when the "contest" rules do not require an exchange - for example a DX dxpedition contest)

Stage #3. F2 EXCHANGE and LOG-IT - Enter sends the ExchangeKey message and logs the QSO

The key to debugging your problem will be in identifying proper stage sequencing in the Entry Window.

-larry (K8UT)
-----Original Message----- From: RLVZ--- via RTTY