Re: [RTTY] FW: If you care about CW and RTTY - time is of the essence

To: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>,"rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FW: If you care about CW and RTTY - time is of the essence
From: Matthew Pitts via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 07:10:38 -0400
Michael,

What I'm seeing from some opponents seems to be along the lines of "this
rulemaking proposal will eliminate the 97.221 sub-bands and P4/other wideband
digital will run roughshod over the existing users" whether that is their
intent or not. Yes, there currently is interference with narrow bandwidth
users, but this has been going on for as long as I've been a ham, and it seems
neither side is as innocent in this as some claim. Yes, MT63-1000 and -2000 are
legal below the ACDS wideband segment, but so is Pactor 3 and WinMOR 1600 as
long as it is peer to peer.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU