Re: [RTTY] Viability

To: Thom Durfee <ki8w@usa.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Viability
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 10:44:06 -0400
I wouldn't worry about using more conventional power levels unless your neighbors are using broadcast TV antennas and you are in a fringe zone.

I use wire dipoles in pine trees - typically 40-50 feet up, and I worked 700 Q's this past weekend with 500 W in the CQ WW RTTY contest, with 20 giving the most activity.

Jerry W4UK