Re: [RTTY] New amplifier announced

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] New amplifier announced
From: Jay <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 06:16:35 -0700
Reminds me of an old ARRL National when Alpha had a booth next to Hal Communications. They had the brick on a key ad at the time. I was talking to Bill Henry but took a break and visited the Alpha booth. I asked does that 100% keydown go for RTTY. The salesman assurred me that it did. I then told them that I would buy it with the provision that if it failed doing 30 minutes RTTY transmissions which we did on the old "Boffins Net" that they would give me my money back and I could keep the amp.

"It was all of a sudden, whoa, we have this super duper extra fan that you would need". Ron AB5KD then bought one with the fan. I must say it did 1500 during RTTY contests just fine.

Jay