Re: [RTTY] New Radio...and another thing.

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] New Radio...and another thing.
From: Thom <ki8w@ki8w.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 18:10:51 +0000
Howdy all... I know that on a previous post that I said I probably would not be buying another radio until next year. Well something came along that I simply could not pass up.

I just bought a pristine (as they described it) used Kenwood TS-570D from HRO. The price for it was extremely reasonable. It was shipped this morning. I probably will receive it sometime early next week.

On the second note...for some reason my 30 meter dipole stopped working. Really high SWR and my radio could not tune it. I took it down and could not find the reason for the sudden failure. Maybe some of that heavy rain we had all day got into the coax.

I will be building another one,  this time fed with 300 ohm twinlead.

I just love projects.

73

Thom KI8W