[RTTY] Finally...success!

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Finally...success!
From: Thom <ki8w@ki8w.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 18:13:20 +0000
I ordered a cable set for my Kenwood TS-480sat to use with my Rigexpert TI-8 interface.

Received it today. Plugged the cable into my 480 then the TI-8 and proceeded to set up MMTTY with my port information.

I am reporting a successful outcome. Nice diddles on RTTY at 1275 hz and 3 test transmissions in fill FSK RTTY mode.

Reverse Beacon reports that my transmit frequency is right on my 480's display frequency. 10142.00 khz

No more hunting for my signal during contests and a little easier for me to avoid trashing someone else with my CQ stands.

Now as for the 570D...it is on the work bench to determine the cause and repair the dead FSK on that radio.

Have a good weekend all and if you are doing ARRL Sweepstakes, CW....have fun.

I may dabble in it but no major effort.

Thom KI8W

"Living deep in the black hole of RF"