Re: [RTTY] WAE RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WAE RTTY
From: "David G3YYD" <g3yyd@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 10:23:23 -0000
Lee

It will be wider than a 2Tone DOOK transmission. You do not need a spectrum
analyser to find out just another reasonable receiver with nothing plugged
into the antenna socket, with attenuator in and pre-amp off. Transmit on one
and listen on the other. Try FSK and then 2Tone DOOK and see what the
difference is.

Then you can make you choice based on real world information.

Of course with FSK you will still have the unavoidable timing jitter of FSK
using a PC running Windows. At times this can be so bad that it will force
an error at the other end. Something that is avoidable. Why spend a lot of
money on the radio, antenna, PC and software and then use something that is
less than optimum?

73 David G3YYD