Re: [RTTY] RTTY vs PSK on Field Day

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY vs PSK on Field Day
From: Stephen Shearer <sm.shearer.01@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 20:53:32 -0500
RTTY is also a "sound card" mode using AFSK. See fldigi. It is point and click. Yes, with a FSK TX, you need to tune. fldigi operates multi-mode and includes PSK and RTTY... "so" any club running PSK (with fldigi) should be able to switch modes to RTTY. At FD, most would be AFSK.

When I was active with NAVY MARS 20+ years ago, all traffic into our area was RTTY at 100wpm. They were just starting to use auto-correcting modes, but the non-correcting mode worked. (Navy MARS is no longer).

73, steve WB3LGC