Re: [RTTY] Greater than 600 watts for RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Greater than 600 watts for RTTY
From: Thom <ki8w@ki8w.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 13:11:29 -0400
I have been thinking a lot about buying some form of amp for my shack to do 400-600 watts on RTTY. Then looking out my shack window I am reminded that I have a lot of really close neighbors and I do not want to put them at risk with even more RF exposure. I also have a really small lot.

I am real lucky that the powers that be in this mobile home park I reside in even lets me have radio, of any kind.

So 100 watts and better antennas are my options.

I just hope that I make it physically to the next sunspot peak. I did really well with 100 watts during the last one.

QRP operators have a motto that I have lived by for years. "Power is no substitute for skill."

73

Thom KI8W