Re: [RTTY] MMTTY 1.70K

To: "'Richard White'" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>, "'RTTY, Contesting'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY 1.70K
From: "Erik - K5WW" <k5ww@coyotearc.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2017 22:51:48 -0500
I installed 1.7k on 3 different PCs today. Zero issues. All of my/our
configuration is intact.

But, the way I did that is by NOT running the full installer; but instead
downloading and unzipping the files of the "Engine" file into the already
existing directories.

The Engine file does not contain a configuration file; so you cannot
accidentally overwrite your current configuration. The Engine file is
available on the same page the main installer can be downloaded (just a few
lines lower).

It's not much of an update, BTW. If you look at the list of new/fixed
features I bet most of that doesn't even apply to what 99.9 percent of us
have in our shacks.

And I don't see any reference to "beta version", regardless of QRZnow.com
says.

73,

Erik - K5WW