Re: [RTTY] MMTTY 1.70K

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY 1.70K
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 09:24:03 -0500
On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 11:12 PM, Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com> wrote:

> Agreed. Unless you need to solve a particular problem that the new
> version addresses, don't bother.

My experience with MMTTY is that updates don't break things so, when I
am not dealing with DMR repeaters and "codeplugs" (Romulan for config
file) and I have some time, I will update my three instances.
Actually two, since a forthcoming DXLab update will take care of one
automagically.

In fact, my experience with most software is to just update it and
keep going.  The only exceptions to that, for me, lately, are OS X
where I have stuck with El Capitan (which some call El Crapitan)
instead of going to Sierra.  My experience with OS X upgrades has
gotten worse over time and I don't want to spend time "recovering"
from an upgrade.

Likewise, while CentOS 7 (RHEL 7) hasn't exactly broken anything,
there are many changes between it and 6 that seem gratuitous and don't
make things better so will stick with 6 there (I have some 7 systems,
including the D-STAR gateway that will stay 7).

Otherwise, though, just do the damn upgrade and, in the case of MMTTY,
be thankful someone else did a lot of work so you could play.