Re: [RTTY] Make RTTY Heard duiring Field Day this weekend!

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Make RTTY Heard duiring Field Day this weekend!
From: Ryan Noguchi via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 02:14:29 +0000 (UTC)
>I'm not a big PSK31 operator -- it's just something I play around with

now and then -- and I certainly have never contested with it. Or, for
that matter, I've never even seen a PSK31 contest, so I have no idea how
they do it.

The PODXS 070 Club runs about one contest a month. The contest calendar can be
found at podxs070.com, and these don't always make it to the WA7BNM Contest
Calendar.  The contest results are posted live at hamclubs.info/scorer.

It's a very different experience than a typical RTTY contest. The community of
PSK31 contesters is pretty small, so rates are pretty low. During a typical
RTTY contest, most every RTTY signal you see is someone participating in the
contest. That's definitely not the case with PSK31. Even when I call CQ
CONTEST, every 3rd caller just has to send that long brag file, making me want
to cry and gouge my eyes out. I find my sanity lasts longer when I just S&P in
PSK31 contests.

The European PSK63 contests are much more orderly and RTTY-like, but those
signals don't often make it over the pole well to those of us on the West
Coast.

73, Ryan AI6DO