[RTTY] One Pet Peeve - Unskilled SO2R Operators

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve - Unskilled SO2R Operators
From: Richard Kriss <aa5vu@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 10:58:41 -0500
I enjoyed the NAQP-RTTY contest and the majority were very good operators. My
Pet Peeve is the unskilled operator trying to run SO2R. Skilled SO2R operators
are seamless and the S&P callers never know the station calling CQ are running
SO2R.  To S&P operators an unskilled CQ station seems to be deaf,  keeps
calling CQ over and over again and not responding to S&P callers.  My guess is
the SO2R station may be tied up working pileup of S&P callers on another band.

If you are an SO2R operator and start getting a lot of action on one band, turn
off the CQ bubble machine on the other band until you work the pileup down to a
manageable level.

My 2-cents worth!

Dick AA5VU