Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve - Unskilled SO2R Operators

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve - Unskilled SO2R Operators
From: "David G3YYD" <g3yyd@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 17:20:30 -0000
There is always the hidden QRM. You don't hear it but he does and so can't
hear you.

Then there is the guy who calls you then sends unnecessary guff so
prolonging the RX time. While on the other band the guy is short and to the
point. So they both are ready to receive my TX at the same time.

I normally make the guy with the extra guff wait while I do the TU M7T QRZ
to the short and to the point guy.

In SO2R pile ups are not a problem as long as the S&P guys just either
corrects his call if required or sends the exchange. Can get some really
high rates. It's the guys who send "TNX de IZ1/DL5ABC/P UR 5NN 001 5NN 001
K" note the extra shifts for report and all the unnecessary stuff. Where
"599 001 001" is all that is needed

SO2R with pile ups are great fun. I love it when on one band I have a NA
pile up while on another a JA pile up. Rates above 300/hour are possible if
this happens. Would never happen with a EU/NA or a EU/JA pile up as the
southern and eastern EU's are not disciplined enough many are all mouth and
no ears.

73 David G3YYD aka M7T in contests