Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve - Unskilled SO2R Operators

To: Richard Kriss <aa5vu@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve - Unskilled SO2R Operators
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 09:29:13 -0700
There are a million reasons why an operator may be slow to respond or not
respond, never mind SO2R. They could be having a software issue, a stupid
little moth flew into your eye, a sneezing fit, a group of visitors arrives
("he's just doing rtty..."), etc. I had all of these and more happen to me
this time out (though I must say the visitors this time were very nice and
caused no delays ;)

There was one loud top ten finisher who didn't answer my CQ despite
multiple tries. I assume that 1) he is not avoiding giving me his mult; 2)
he is not inexperienced; 3) there is some reasonable explanation - maybe
some quirk of propagation?

73 jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com