Re: [RTTY] Decoding troubles after taking a break

To: jbwolf@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Decoding troubles after taking a break
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 09:15:23 -0700
It's been explained better here in the past (I suggest a search of the list
archives) but it has to do with how Windows presents the samples to the
application. When the application wants a certain rate of samples that is
different than the hardware rate, Windows interpolates the data to give the
requested rate. 48000 is simply 4 times 12000, so the interpolation will
presumably be more accurate/less jittery by pulling every 4th sample. Other
hardware rates are fine but 48000 gives the best dynamic range, as Chen
noted. - 73 jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com