Re: [RTTY] Decoding troubles after taking a break

To: Courtney Judd <k4wi@k4wi.net>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Decoding troubles after taking a break
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 00:36:43 +0000
For your Win 10 update problem: go to Settings -> Update & security ->Advanced
options, and turn on “Pause Updates”.  This will stop any updates from
happening once you have everything set up. Just be sure to turn it off again
after the contest.  Max 7 day pause so you need to check things out just before
the weekend and then freeze it.

And yes, many updates will fiddle with the sound card and serial port settings.
They are getting better, but seems my 3 USB sound devices always get renamed
and re-ordered.  Serial ports are better, but every so often it decides to
renumber them. And with 20 or so active it gets messy.

Ken K6MR