Re: [RTTY] Amp/Temp

To: Courtney Judd <k4wi@k4wi.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Amp/Temp
From: Rudy Bakalov via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 11:21:22 -0400
I’d venture to guess that the answer largely depends on the quality of the
materials used in a particular amp.

That said, here’s my experience with a similar amp, 2 x GU74, based on the old
Alpha 91 platform:

During the recent CQ WW RTTY, the exhaust temp fluctuated between 47C at night
and 52C during the day when the shack temp was 27C. Mostly running rather than
S&P. The fan was running at the lowest speed and barely audible.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
autocorrect.