Re: [RTTY] Amp/Temp

To: "David G3YYD" <g3yyd@btinternet.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Amp/Temp
From: "Jeff" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 12:04:00 -0500
I ran a 76PA for many years with the added muffen fan. The temps would move up but nothing into the danger zone. The critical parameter for temp is the seal temp which David mentions. But here you are talking about temps of about 170C or so (forget the detail). If you are measuring 155F on the exhaust, you are a long way from critical.

The bigger threat in my opinion is to excess grid current. More grid current; shorter tube life.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: David G3YYD