Re: [RTTY] WPX

To: "'Bill Turner'" <dezrat@outlook.com>, "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WPX
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 08:11:00 -0800
On the CQ, I also prefer the response not begin with my call, but there are
a number of situations where I'm really glad the other station started with
my call.  Again, for the same reason.  I may suspect I've got another CQing
station on my frequency and this assures me that I'm not wasting my time
trying to work someone else's pileup.  I'd rather know sooner than later.

So, it's a mixed bag but I'm OK with hearing my call even on the CQ response
when the frequency is crowded.  If there is only one caller and I'm
confident the frequency is clear, then I'd just as soon the QSO be snappy
without the unnecessary instances of my call.

Ed W0YK