Re: [RTTY] WPX

To: Ed W0YK <ed@w0yk.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WPX
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 10:14:11 -0800
CQ-ers are beggars, and beggars can't be choosers. Thanks for the Q! :D

Seriously, if I've got this going out on radio 1:

W0YK 599 1234 1234 W0YK

And this coming in on radio 2:

KS7AA 599 789 789 KY0W

They're gonna match up better time-wise. And if I'm call stacking I often
don't mind if the station on the other radio runs a little long.

Cheers! - jeff wk6i

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 8:11 AM, Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com> wrote:

> On the CQ, I also prefer the response not begin with my call, but there are
> a number of situations where I'm really glad the other station started with
> my call.  Again, for the same reason.  I may suspect I've got another CQing
> station on my frequency and this assures me that I'm not wasting my time
> trying to work someone else's pileup.  I'd rather know sooner than later.
>
> So, it's a mixed bag but I'm OK with hearing my call even on the CQ
> response
> when the frequency is crowded.  If there is only one caller and I'm
> confident the frequency is clear, then I'd just as soon the QSO be snappy
> without the unnecessary instances of my call.
>
> Ed W0YK

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com
RTTY op at W7RN