SD-User

Re: [SD-User] Club Calls setup ?

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Club Calls setup ?
From: Richard@g3rwl.demon.co.uk (Richard W L Limebear)
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 01:24:19 GMT
> Paul O'Kane wrote:
>
> > Very sorry, but this is the one RSGB contest that SD
> > does not support - simply because the club names must
> > be recorded in full - for example "Loughton and Epping
> > Forest Amateur Radio Society".
> >
> > SD permits a maximum of 11 characters - perhaps the
> > RSGB might assign appropriate abbreviations for each
> > affiliated club, if only for contest logging purposes.

I'm amazed that a longer field length is not possible.

 "Dave Sergeant" writes:
> Clearly for the club calls contest one should be encouraged to submit
> Cabrillo logs and the unlimited club names seem to be incompatible
> with generating a suitable Cabrillo format - has one actually been
> produced for it?

Yes, see RSGB HFCC website - includes examples for CCC in Cabrillo format.
I logged call/serial and outputted in cabrillo, then added the rest manually
with Wordstar and Notepad. Hope I got the final score right. Remains to be
seen whether RSGB can read it or not - otherwise they're in for a paper log.

> Agreed abbreviation codes could
> certainly be allocated to each Affiliated Society just for the
> purpose of this contest.

It would at least be easier if one could write "ARS" "RC" and "ARC" instead
of the full Monty - what a pain. Likewise the names of some clubs eg "Enfield,
Southgate and district Wireless, plasticine and electronics society" don't
help either. Wonder if my use of the "&" symbol will upset them.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188