SD-User

RE: [SD-User] V10.15 Released - DOS

To: "'sd-user'" <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [SD-User] V10.15 Released - DOS
From: "g3rir demon" <g3rir@ackerley24.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:28:12 +0100
I also request that the DOS version should remain. I have an old laptop
which I dedicate to contesting and it is more than fast enough under DOS
and it can key the radio nicely from LPT or Serial. Windows gets in the
way with the port control, takes lots of memory and lots of processor
time.

Neil, G3RIR

Yes I know I am an old timer being licensed since 1962 but I have been
in the IT business since the mid-1960s initially as a programmer so I
know a little of the mess that is Windows especially when it comes to
getting in the way of hardware control.