SD-User

Re: [SD-User] V10.15 Released - DOS

To: "sd-user" <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] V10.15 Released - DOS
From: "Paul O'Kane" <paul@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:56:51 +0100
From: "Fraser Robertson" <f.g.robertson@open.ac.uk>

> I agree and have told Paul.  I wonder if he might reconsider
> if enough people request DOS support.
>
> 73 Fraser G4BJM
>
> >DOS versions discontinued, a sad day indeed....

Yes, it is sad but, from my selfish point of view, I simply
don't have the time to update and maintain two separate sets
of programs.

So, one or the other has to go. Is anyone really suggesting
that I should continue to update the DOS programs at the expense
of the Windows versions?

The sad truth is that SD/DOS does not run (at all) on most
XP laptops due to expanded memory hardware conflicts, and
none of the DOS programs can offer parallel keying on any
XP machine.

SD/DOS has been updated to V10.15 (it's freeware) and can
be downloaded from www.ei5di.com/sd/sddos.zip - I forgot to
add the link on the website, but I'll do it later this
evening.

73,
Paul EI5DI