[SECC] Comments requested.

Subject: [SECC] Comments requested.
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:45:37 -0400
On 6/12/00 2:07 PM, w4nti@mindspring.com at w4nti@mindspring.com wrote:

>I may be mistaken here but.....all these comments of cheating and how to
>cheat are really turning me off.  I enjoy contesting for the pure thrill of
>it...thats it.  Am I missing something here or has it turned into another
>example of coruption in our society?

Dan,

My point wasn't to encourage people to cheat, but to show that
contesting, by its nature, relies on a certain level of honor amoung the
participants.

To the degree that log checkers can uncover cheating, I think they should
disqualify those participants.

My whole objection in this area was the suggestion that a certain
percentage of unique calls in a log submission connotes cheating. I
disagree. It is quite possible that a log with a large percentage of
unique calls is perfectly legitimate. Therefore, it would be
unconscionable to disqualify someone solely on the basis of lots of
uniques.

I think disqualification should not be done by a computer. It should only
come by careful consideration by a human judge.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com