[SECC] KS5M - Introduction

Subject: [SECC] KS5M - Introduction
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:13:07 -0500
On 3/21/01 10:27 AM, Gary Breed at gary@noblepub.com wrote:

>Gordon
>
>> I am looking forward to meeting some of the other members in person. Is
>> there a band / frequency where the group hangs out.
>
>We tried 80 SSB a while back, but there is no regular on-the-air meeting
>place -- I guess this reflector is the best place.

We often have brief meetings at local hamfests. We just had one at the
Kenohoochee, and will likely have one at the Atlanta Hamfest. The Alabama
contingent may have one soon as well.

>> Are there any group activites / contests planned in the near future ??
>
>1)  Rick, NQ4I is organizing another major M/M effort for CQWW WPX CW.

Even if you don't go to Rick's, remember that you can submit a WPX score
for the club competition. Each member is supposed to submit two club
scores a year, so even if you operate WPX for an hour, you can knock out
that requirement easy.

>2)  Don't know if there is a Field Day possibility or not.

If there's interest, we should put something together.

>3)  It looks we will have another Georgia QSO Party on July 21-22.

Don't forget IARU the weekend before. (Although it doesn't have club
competition, does it?)

There's also a variety of VHF/UHF contests during the summer -- some of
our members are active in that arena. I know I'd love to hear some
activity reports for those contests.

>4)  We will certainly round up as many teams as possible for the
>    North American QSO Parties in August (CW and SSB).

Amen!

>5)  Then we get into heart of next fall's contest season.

Hope you have everything ready.

>Tall trees are a good thing!

Tell me about it.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901