[SECC] W4AN on CQ cover

Subject: [SECC] W4AN on CQ cover
From: aa4ga at contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Tue Sep 21 11:35:39 2004
On 21 Sep 2004 at 9:44, rwhiggins@bellsouth.net wrote:

>   I subscribe to CQ, because as the sponsor of 2 of my favorite contests CQ
> WW CW and SSB, I hope they stay in business a long time. Something to think
> about.

That's valid.  But I'm generally not interested in anything they
print other than the contest stuff, and I have a hard time supporting
anything W5YI participates in - he absolutely sickens me.

As far as the WWs, they are not my favorites, but are for many
people, and I do enjoy them when I do operate.  But if CQ folded, I
don't think it would be the end of the CQWW.  Primarily because those
contests are administered using volunteer networks...AFAIK, the
magazine doesn't really have a lot to do with the operations of the
contests.  I think K3EST et al would jump in without hesitation and
the contests would go on.  I'd be willing to make a small wager that
he's already got somewhat of a contingency plan for that scenario.

JMO,

Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA