[SECC] GQP rules

Subject: [SECC] GQP rules
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 12:14:38 -0400
I received something interesting in the mail last night. It was a
"Certificate of Merit" from the California QSO Party.

Now, that was cool -- it isn't terribly often I get a certificate for
anything. But it had me going back to the results. I certainly wasn't
the only GA station to work the CQP, nor was I the highest-scoring LP
station in GA. I was like #6 in that category.

In short, I can't see that I did anything meritorious. Go figure.

But, still, I think it is brilliant. For about $.50 a pop for printing,
postage and envelope, it's cheap encouragement for people to come back
every year and work the CQP.

--

On May 6, 2005, at 10:45 AM, Gary McConville wrote:

> Since we're trying to encourage GA stations, why not have some type of
> DX mults for only GA stations?

As I was thinking along these lines -- what we really need is more
participation from GA in the GQP. We need to do this without changing
the scoring rules. How about a Club competition? Send a letter to each
and every club in GA and encourage them to operate -- club with the
most total points wins. (SECC members would be exempt from this
competition, since we're sponsoring the doggone thing)

What do you think? I'd be willing to sponsor a plaque or gavel for this
if we can agree to some ground rules.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901