[SECC] Call for WPX Contests

Subject: [SECC] Call for WPX Contests
From: k4sb at bellsouth.net (k4sb@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:56:20 +0000
Jerry Flanders wrote:
There has been no mention of actually having WW4T's license at the
tx site - just using the call.  Did ARRL mention anything about having
some sort of official licensing document at the transmitting site?
------------------------------------
No, they didn't, and it's actually not necessary. The only hitch I can
think of, since presumably I, in my example, would not be on Okinawa, is
that the op there would have to operate ONLY on frequencies allowed by
his class of license. And that would also apply to a person using a
call sign of another person. Example: An Advanced op using a "borrowed"
call would be restricted to his license priviledges, UNLESS, the owner
of the call is present at ALL times. And that "ALL" means in the shack!!

Jerry
Several years ago when I managed our club's FD
effort, I found that we were supposed to have an
actual paper license for the callsign used
available on the site while operations were under way.
Think Jerry might be showing his age here! ( ):> ) Remember we are no
longer issued a "station" license. Must be at least 10 years since
the FCC dropped that.

73
Ed