[SECC] GQP Changes

Subject: [SECC] GQP Changes
From: mrcne4s at yahoo.com (Michael Condon)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:45:07 -0700 (PDT)
There is a note in the soapbox listing about the Sunday ending being late.
I would go for the same time for both days, and move the end earlier.
Rovers can go home earlier.

8 AM start and 8 PM (GA Time) finish would give 2 12 hour days.  And end at
0000z I think.

Mults by band:
I can handle the mults in scores, I am not sure about the log programs tho.
I think it would start a round of software changes out there.
You may find that some will just not do it.
Let's look at the other parties as a check, and hear from more of the gang on
this.

Dropping mults by mode would take us back to a CW leveraged event.
Going to mults by mode was done to include more players in a class they can
enter, increasing participation.
So I am very much against going back that way.

Other routine changes:
I am going to change the mult list for Canada to match the 13 Prov/Terr list at
RAC, and for US DC will be added separate from MD/MDC.
In doing this, I will have to go to many of the loggers and see what/how to do
it.  Some are simple external files to edit, others may be internal.
This is summer/fall work for me to do, and if we have any other changes to try
to bring about, I would bundle those requests with these as I go to these
programmers.

Please use ne4s at iham.us or mike1230 at mcnet.us as my address.
Be well,
Thanks