[SECC] Use of Club Call W4AN during Field Day 2007

Subject: [SECC] Use of Club Call W4AN during Field Day 2007
From: scottstraw at mindspring.com (Scott Straw)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 07:46:42 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I am grateful for the use of the club call last year during Field Day.  I had
several returns acknowledging how great it was to hear the legendary call was
once again active.  While my 1A effort was not a stellar record breaker, it was
an honor to pay tribute to W4AN in this manner.   I sincerely hope that the
call is once again active this FD.

For this year, my focus will be to assist the newly rejuvinated North Fulton
ARC with their return to their once-dominant position in the 5A/6A
classifications.  They will be at the same ball fields they have been at for
the past several years.

All are invited, the directions to get there are easy:

Once you get to Roswell, find a cop and ask for directions to the Krispy Kreme
Doughnut Shop.  Depending on when you ask, he may give you an escort there. (In
case talking to a cop makes you nervous, it's on South Atlanta St. at the Oak
St. traffic light.) Just south of that light in the curve by Roswell Hardware
is Oxbo Street.  Turn East on Oxbo and watch for Dobbs Drive on your left.
Wind your way up Dobbs past all of the city maintenance facilites all the way
to the end and you should find yourself right at home amongst a throng of Ham
Radio geeks, er, enthusiasts.

73,

Scott Straw
KB4KBS