[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests; This Week's Contests

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests; This Week's Contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 11:09:23 -0400
1.  CWJF Manchester Minerva AA CW Contest.
K4BAI    37  15  1,365  SOABHP  1.0   GA
K4BK     28  12    519  SOABLP  5.15  FL

2.  His Majesty, The King of Spain, CW Contest
K4BK      3   3     45  SOABLP  1.0   FL

3.  May Flying Pigs QRP Club Sprint
K4BAI    37  30  2,970  QRP 5W  2.0   GA

4.  5/18 NCCC Sprint Ladder.
N4OGW    58  31  1,798  SOLP    0.5   MS

This week brings one big contest and several smaller ones.

1.  NCCC Thursday Sprint Ladder.  160-20M CW, 100W max power.
0230-0259Z Friday (Thurs local).  Exchange:  Both calls, number, name,
SPC.  Dupes OK after band change or one intervening QSO.  One kHz QSY
rule.  Slow speed practice with same rules, 0200-0215Z.

2.  CQ WPX CW.  48 hours of Sat and Sun Z (36 hr. max for SO).  160-10M
CW.  Exchange RST + QSO #.  Remember that same country QSOs count for
points now.  NQ4I will be QRV M/M.  SECC president N4GG will be QRV
probably as NN4GG.  N4PN will be QRV with a 3 call.  Lot of fun
possible.  Please operate on as many bands as possible.  Remember that
10 and 15M may have Sporatic E openings.

3.  QRPARCI Hoot Owl Sprint.  160-10M CW.  2000-2400 local time Sunday.
  (I have told them that it makes no sense to have people operating at
different times in a contest, but they apparently don't agree with me.
It also makes little sense to schedule a CW contest during the CQ WPX
Contest, but it actually will overlap for stations on Eastern time only
the last hour of CQ WPX CW.)  Exchange:  RT + SPC + QRPARCI # or power.

4.  MiQRP Club Memorial Day Sprint.  23Z Mon to 03Z Tuesday.  (Note that
the dates on the WA7BNM page are wrong as of this writing.  I have
advised WA7BNM to change them.)  160-6M CW.  Exchange:  RST + SPC +
MiQRP member # or power output.  This can be a fun QRP contest on
Monday, Memorial Day, evening.  Hope for a lot of activity.

It was nice to see many of you in Dayton last weekend.  Obviously,
contest activity was hurt by the absence from home of many.  Hope
everyone has a nice weekend and a lot of QSOs.  CU from NQ4I.  I expect
to be on 15 meters.  Keep fingers crossed for good propagation, both for
DX and domestic contacts.  Look forward to seeing many of you at the
Atlanta Hamfest/SECC meeting Saturday week.

73,

John, K4BAI.